Selling in the Summer
Summer is considered the busiest time to sell a home. With kids out of school, more homeowners are looking to relocate before the new school year begins. This can be helpful when you are selling as more people are looking to purchase during this time. However, this also means that there is likely more inventory than other times of the year as well. If you are looking for Camarillo homes for sale you have likely noticed this change during the summer months. Below are a few tips to consider when selling your home during the summer.
1. Keep up on yardwork: Consider maintaining your yardwork early in the morning before it heats up for the day. It is important to make sure that your home looks impeccable inside and out which includes properly maintaining your yard.
2. Keep pest control in check: During the summer months pesky critters like to come out and enjoy the warmer temperatures. Make sure you have checked the perimeter of your home for ants, mosquitos, or an influx of spiders. If the pests seem out of hand it might be necessary to look into a pest control company.
3. Check on your air conditioner: There is nothing worse than having a showing of your beautiful home during the summer and the air conditioner stops working. Make sure that your air conditioner is in good working condition as this will be called by any potential buyer.
4. Relocate trash bins: Buyers looking to purchase your home will be walking inside and out to make sure that they love the home. Make sure that your trash cans are tucked away in a discrete location so that unwanted smells do not make a first impression.
5. Highlight outdoor features: Camarillo homes for sale that highlight their outdoor features sell for top dollar. Living in Southern California it is all about the indoor/outdoor living all year long. If you have any outdoor space such as a built-in barbeque, a pool, a California Room, etc. it is extremely important that those areas are highlighted.