Preparing Your Home for The Holidays
As your local Thousand Oaks realtor our entire team understands how overwhelming it can be to prepare your home for the holidays. Particularly if you are looking at buying or selling your home during the holidays it can feel extremely stressful. As an experienced Thousand Oaks realtor we have a few tips to help you prepare your home for the upcoming holiday season without it feeling like more than you can tackle. Remember that hosting during the holiday’s should be a fun time spent with loved ones. By preparing ahead of time you will allow yourself to enjoy the season with more love and gratitude than stress.
• Start Early: Give yourself the gift of time. Make lists of chores around the house, gifts to buy, food to prepare, etc. Getting organized early on will help you feel more at peace and allow you to enjoy the season a little bit more.
• Declutter: Preparing for guests to arrive is the perfect time to declutter various spaces of your home. Go through the guest room, kitchen, and other spaces where guests will be spending the bulk of their time and donate or toss any items that you no longer need or use.
• Deep Clean: You will likely want to feel like your home is as clean as it can possibly get in order to entertain company. Deep clean your home early so that you can just re-clean the superficial surfaces as the day nears.
• Entrance: Holiday curb appeal is a fun way to set the stage for your entire home. When preparing all your holiday décor do not forget to dress up the entrance to your home as it is the first thing everyone sees when they arrive.
• Prepare Guest Room: Prepare your guest room with fun holiday pieces such as holiday themed towels and sheets.