First Time Homebuyer Tips
Are you looking for new Moorpark homes for sale for the first time? Being a first time homebuyer can be overwhelming. We understand how scary the process can seem with all of the unknowns ahead. Our trusted team has the skills, knowledge, and experience to make the process as easy as possible for you to make sure you are comfortable with every step along the way. Below are a few things to consider when starting to look for your first home.
1. Don’t Change Jobs: It will be difficult to get a home loan without sufficient work history, pay stub history, etc. If you are considering a change of employment it is best to wait until after you close on your new home.
2. Have Funds In Your Account 60 Days Prior: Whether you are using your 401K or gift funds from a family member for your down payment, make sure that they are in your account 60 days prior to closing.
3. Work On Your Credit: The better your credit score is, the better loan and rate you will be able to qualify for. Start working on your credit ASAP to ensure you pay the lowest fees possible.
4. What Can You Afford Down: There are a variety of loan programs available with as little as 3% down up to 20% or more if you are able! The more you put down the better rate and overall terms you are likely to get but remember getting into a home is what is most important even if it means putting less down.
5. Plan For Additional Expenses: When it comes to buying your first home there will be an abundance of additional expenses that you may not have originally expected. Some of these include: closing costs, moving fees, repairs, inspections, packing costs, and more. Make sure you have enough extra funds set aside to allow for these expenses.
If you find yourself looking for Moorpark homes for sale hoping to buy your first one in the New Year we are here to help!