As your trusted Westlake Realtor and real estate team we’re here to remind you that there are many home maintenance items that you should take care of annually. Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or an experienced homeowner it is important not to forget to keep up with all of your home maintenance items. Keeping your home in the best possible shape will not only make it more enjoyable to live in but it will help your home retain its real estate value as well. Future homebuyers will want a home that has been well maintained. See below for a few home maintenance items that you will want to check on annually.
• Appliances: Now is an ideal time to check on all your appliances before the holidays hit. Particularly if you plan on hosting or entertaining in any way you will want to make sure that all of your appliances are in proper working order now. If you find anything that needs maintenance, you have time before the holidays to have it repaired.
• Carpets: The carpets in your home should be professionally cleaned at least once per year. Carpeting can harbor all kinds of dust and debris deep within the fibers that you will want it professionally steamed in order to ensure proper cleanliness.
• Windows & Screens: It is no easy task to clean all of your home’s windows and screens. Schedule assistance for this project once per year so that the dirt and water stains do not build up to unmanageable levels.
• Dryer Lint: Once per year you should take an extension device to your vacuum cleaner deep within your dryer vents and vacuum them out. No matter how often you clean out the link tray while using your dryer lint will still backup within your dryer. If it gets bad enough this can become a fire hazard.
• Paint: As your local Westlake Realtor and real estate team we know how important it is to stay on top of paint touchups. This is a simple task that can get away from us so easily. Schedule a time to either do these touchups around the house yourself or have someone come in and assist you.