Updating your curb appeal can significantly improve your chances of receiving a higher offer on your home. As your local Moorpark Realtor and real estate team we highly encourage our sellers to update the curb appeal of their homes. However, even if you are not in the market to sell we highly encourage you to update your curb appeal. You should get to enjoy the fruit of your labor not just for selling purposes! Enjoy coming home every day to a freshly updated entrance. There are many simple things that you can do to update the curb appeal to your home.
• Front Door: It has likely been some time since your home has received a new front door. We highly recommend either purchasing a new door all together for a more modern look or simply painting your existing one. You will be pleasantly surprised how updated your door can look with just a fresh coat of paint.
• Add Trees: Landscaping will always improve the look of your home. Add a tree or two to the front of your home for a nice fresh look. These trees can also help to provide nice shade.
• Pressure Wash: Your driveway, sidewalks, and entrance get dirty quite quickly. Pressure washing these areas will help to freshen up your curb appeal.
• Display House Numbers: Depending on what your HOA will allow, presenting the house numbers on your house in a cute way to add a person touch to your home. An example would be adding the house numbers to a rock on the front of your home.
• Update Lighting: Consider swapping out the lights either on your garage doors or near your front door. This will create an updated and personal look to your home.
As your local Moorpark Realtor and real estate team we would be happy to provide ideas on the best way to spruce up the curb appeal of your home.